Thursday, July 2, 2009

ANNOUNCEMENT

There's another DUNN IN THE OVEN!!!!

Ok.. ok.. so I've known for a while, but I've been playing it safe until I got what I wanted today... to see the little monkey cooking!


So... here's the rest of the story....

I found out on 5/18.. which coincidently is the official start date of my pregnancy with Scott.... I was in shock only because we were 'trying', but were also trying to 'time' the due date month. We tried for a few months to have a baby this fall, but we were not as lucky as we were with Scott. I was not dissapointed because I know we can do it... Anyway.. I told Ryan that I wanted to take a break because I wanted to avoid being due the week of Christmas (which would have been a due date).. and I wanted to skip being due in February because the way it was looking, we would be due on Scott's 2nd birthday and I'd rather then have their own special birthday celebrations. Well, I thought while we are at it, let's just skip January too and we will shoot for a March or later baby... Well.... I'm due January 27th!!!

I actually took a test a few days before the 18th because I noticed something missing... well, it was a leftover test from Scott and even thought it said ANY faint line is a confirmed positive, it was SOOOO faint that I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.. so I said the next day I work, i'll swing my the store on the way home and get one of those digital ones that say PREGNANT... I took it as soon as I got home... I left it on the counter, just looking at it every hour or so... in shock. The thought ran through my head... Ryan isn't going to see this coming either... how should I tell him??? Well, Father's day is just over a month away... Can I keep a secret that long??? I decided to sleep on it.... the next day Scott and I had breakfast with my BF Anne... and I told her!!! I also told her my plan and she thought it was a great idea to hold off... So, I'm glad I told her because there is NO WAY I could keep that to myself for a whole month and not have anybody to express myself to. I am so proud of Anne... I told her she HAD to keep it a secret. We had to keep it from all of our friends.. Boy that was a hard month, especially when I had about 3 week of morning sickness nausuness.... (thank goodness it has already passed).

Well, it was about 2 week to father's day... I had it all planned out, but we got some news.. Sue was coming for a visit... Well, I couldn't pass up the oportunity for Ryan to get to tell his mom in person... so luckily, the weekend before her visit was FLAG DAY.. and for those of you who don't know, Flag Day 3 years ago, Ryan proposed... the following Flag Day, I found out I was pregnant with Scott!!!.. How appropriate that I tell Ryan on Flag Day!!! Like our own mini-anniversary. So, it was a Sunday... I ordered a onsie... This is what it said....



So, I changed Scott's clothes and watched with my heart pounding for Ryan to notice.... nothing... he suggested he get a hair cut and since it is right next to the grocery store, that we pick up some more bananas.. fine.. Ryan even put Scott in the car seat, nothing.... pushed him around the store in the cart... nothing... we come home.. nothing. Well, the neighbor was outside with his little girl and Ryan said he was going to take Scott over to say hi... I yelled at him half way down the driveway to come back. I was afraid if he went over there, the neighbor would read the shirt before Ryan.. so I made Ryan read it before he left... It took a minute to sink in... because like I said, it wasn't exactly what we timed... but then he was very happy! We all went over across the street and let the neighbor's read his shirt!

Well, that week Sue and cousin Jake visited and althought it didn't work out that Scott was wearing the shirt, we did let Sue read the shirt herself and figure it out. She was very excited and started making calls right away!

So.. that last to know what my parents... Just because I knew I was going home and would rather tell them in person if I had the choice... So, 2 months pregnant, I laid out all of the clothes I had packed for Scott to wear that weekend and asked mom what she thought he should wear for going out to dinner that night with friends... She did read it but didn't register that it was actually custom made for Scott... Of course she was happy and finally told Dad who actually got it right away and was very excited. We got to tell friends that night.

It killed me not to tell my friends over the past month. My other BF, Erika, actually came to visit me but I kept my mouth shut...

Anyway.. I'm 10 weeks going on 11 and feeling great. I haven't gained any weight yet, but I swear the belly is already popping out. Lucky for me, I have the exact preggo wardope I need for being due in January. And if it's a boy, I have the exact clothes for him... Course, even if it's a girl, I'll be able to carry over lots of Scott's jeans and short and even some early PJ's since they are baby neutral. As of right now, we do plan on finding out this time around, just so I can add a more girlie touch to the nursery if baby girl is coming.

Lastly, on a side note... if you are looking for a stock tip.. invest in Steak-n-shake.. I have been craving their Frisco melt sandwhiches like nobody's busines.. I'm not even going to admit how many I have already consumed but for the next 7 months, I would expect their sales to increase by me alone... it is right there on my way home from BB (until the end of this month) and my dr's office....



Love,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YA!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I was just waiting for this news to come through. You, me and Helen need to get together for lunch. I miss you! I can't wait to see how big Scott is getting!! Let me know what works.

Oma J said...

We're all excited. Mom was beside herself. And just for the record . . . . Mike can't see things right in front of him either! HA! Can't wait!!!!! Woohoo!!!

Watchin' Scotty Grow

for my boys...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

aqua poppy