We had a fun Thanksgiving this year. This year we spend the holiday with Grandma and Grandpa Litton who visited us. My mom did 99% of the cooking, which was good because I woke up that morning with small cold and probably should not have been handling everyone's food. I took charge of the desert. I had picked out maple cupcakes from my book, however, I could never find Marizpan?? I thought for sure that Michael's or our grocery store would have it, but no such luck and since I could never find "grade b" pure maple syrup, I decided to switch to something else. We picked Boston Cream Pie cupcakes instead. I made the cupcakes on Wednesday and we made the icing and pastry cream on Thursday so it would be fresh.. but something didn't turn out right in the cake batter.. so, since there is extra icing and cream, I'm going to give it one more try to see if a second batch turns out better. But, we were not lacking for sweets... we still had plenty of cookies and a key lime pie. I've been eating everything Pumpkin since the beginning of October so making a Pumpkin Pie was not on my list of "must have's" this year. Guess I better do a test batch of the Gingerbread cupcakes before we celebrate Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Dunn. I thought I had taken more pictures than I did, but I guess not.
We did a small amount of Black Friday shopping.. We got a few christmas presents purchased and managed to avoid MOST of the crowds. Ryan and I got out to see some movies and eat dinner alone a few times. We saw New Moon and 2012. Both are really good movies.
We've got lots to be thankful for this year.. it has been a very happy and healthy year for all of our family this year... now we hope to continue that with bringing home a healthy baby boy very soon!!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment