Thursday, February 26, 2009

Such a big boy!


Scott had his one year check up this week... Such a healthy boy! He was hard to weigh and measure, because he 'remembers' the shot nurse and wanted nothing to do with her. We finally got a reading of 23 lbs 5 oz, putting in above the 50%. He measured 31 1/4 inches.. which put him at the 90th percentile!!

Dr was very impressed with Scott's tricks saying that how quickly he learned to stand up without help and being able to pick up objects without falling is usually a 15 month milestone and he was doing them at 11 months! He is now dancing the kissing strike is over and now Scott can't give enough kisses!

I wanted to tackle the "bottles" before they would be come an attachment... so one day, instead of bringing Scott down in the morning and watching the Today show with our morning bottle, I had his breakfast ready with real-milk in his straw cup. I thought I would start strong and if we needed to backtrack to wean him off the bottles, then we would... but he was unfazed by the missing bottle... never missed a beat. We were worried for the first couple of days of being only on his cups that he wasn't taking in enough fluids, but everyday he took in more and more drinks. I keep a cup handy all day and make sure I 'remind' him to take drinks while he is playing and it's becoming more and more natural for him. We have been bottle free for a whole week now! YEAH!! Next will be the paci's... I don't consider it a real attachment just yet, but I hope to have them out the door within the next couple of months....

speaking of attachments... Scott has declared his 'lovie'. We call it SILKY. It is a small baby blanket that Scott got at his baby shower. In the past couple of weeks, we noticed that it was the first thing he reached out for when he layed down and sometimes was even still snuggling with when it was time to get up. The attachment is growing and he is starting to look like Linus from the Peanuts when he carries it around the living room.

Lastly... Scott is loving all his new foods. We were holding off on some foods that are not recommended for children under 12 but now that he has reached that milestone.. he is loving his strawberries, blueberries (all berry's actually) and cow's milk! His other foods that he loves are chicken nuggets, cheese, waffles, grapes, fish sticks, lima beans, yogurt.. and still his favorite... anything crunchie!! Here is Scott enjoying his morning waffle. We hope everyone is doing well!



Love,

No comments:

Watchin' Scotty Grow

for my boys...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

aqua poppy